"Take rest - A field that has rested gives a bountiful crop" Ovid
In our modern world, it is all too easy to lose sight of our need for rest and relaxation and we also under-estimate just how difficult it is to truly relax. During the practice of Restorative yoga, the systems of the body can come into balance so that the body’s innate wisdom can begin to heal and rejuvinate, restoring energy and health.
As the body rests deeply in a safe and nourishing state of relaxation, activating the healing para-sympathetic nervous system. You're fully supported in the postures by bolsters and blankets which essentially assist in letting you stay in the postures longer, ensuring the body is able to completely release, so there’s no holding, stretching or striving to deepen a pose, only a total release and a sense of letting go. Some of the benefits of deep relaxation and Restorative yoga.
- Slows down the pace of life - It's essential!
- Soothing to the nervous system - comforts your mind and body down to the cellular level.
- Deepens self awareness - Each pose and each breath guides you closer to a sense of expanded awareness.
- Supports the immune system function and releases stress
- Improves memory, concentration and increases mental clarity
- Deeply relaxes the body and calms the mind - Creating space for healing to happen
Suitable for all levels, including complete beginners to yoga.